My client in Columbus OH is currently seeking a Marketing / Community Strategist who has the ability to promote their culture, projects, people and services. The ideal candidate will specialize in social media strategy and implementation, event promotion, and public relations.
In this role, the marketing / community strategist will use their skills and experience to build internal and external relationships, lead ideation meetings, execute media relations campaigns, and manage the production of design assets. This is a multidimensional position for someone that wants to make a difference at a growing company.
This role requires a deep appreciation for the product and service innovation space and an insatiable desire to stand out from the crowd.
You will report directly to the CEO, but additionally will work closely with the Client Services, Accounts, and Practice teams to ensure you’re collaborating on ideas for producing interesting, buzzworthy news.
- Team player, excellent attention to detail and amazingly positive attitude
- Solutions oriented
- Entrepreneurial spirit, ability to work autonomously
- Develop marketing strategy to help the agency reach its goals
- Establish and execute an on-brand platform-specific social media content strategy
- Identify and work with agency thought leaders to refine voice and messaging
- Identify and explore new media opportunities to showcase thought leadership and culture
- Identify and explore speaking opportunities on panels and at conferences
- Identify and explore sponsorship or partnership opportunities for the company
- Manage the planning and implementation of digital marketing campaigns
- Identify, manage, and promote agency awards
- Lead the marketing strategy push for Forge Conference
- Manage updates, including writing posts, coordinating creative assets with the design team, and working with the Development team to push updates live
- Assist with the creation of media databases and editorial calendars
- Build relationships within traditional and digital media and the community
- Content writing for newsletters, press releases and pitches, and other materials
- Develop internal communications strategies to engage employees
- Brainstorm new marketing + social + event + video ideas for the company
- Deliver reports with valuable analytics / insights for media optimization
- Coordinate with design and development teams to execute assets for media plans
- Establish yourself as a brand ambassador within the industry and at social events
- Assist with the management of a Marketing Associate
- 3-5 years experience in Marketing/Public Relations/Event Management.
- Creative, proven ability to provide new marketing ideas and initiatives.
- Experience using community management/publishing tools (ex: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, Sprout Social).
- Experience using newsletter tools (ex: MailChimp).
- Up-to-date with industry news and the latest social media platforms and trends.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking skills.
- Event Management skills are a plus.
- Experience using Harvest, Basecamp a plus.
- Video concepting and digital touchpoint and oversight a major plus.