General Purpose of Job:
The Copywriter works closely with the creative and/or copywriting lead and project team at all levels to generate and execute concepts for interactive media. This includes web sites, social media, banner ads, customer relationship management, mobile, and tablet. The copywriter is expected to actively contribute to the development of original solutions and create polished, final deliverables whether working solo or under the guidance of a more senior creative. A solid familiarity with trends in online marketing, advertising and the digital space is required.
The copywriter should be able to write strong conceptual copy for consumer health brands, while also being skilled at medical copywriting. This includes researching medical conditions, finding primary reference support, annotating, and referencing full web sites for med/legal review, and working with med/legal to ensure the accuracy of all claims. The copywriter should also have a critical eye and be prepared to help with certain editorial tasks, such as proofreading and correction checks.
- Collaborate with creative team members to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives
- Work with senior creative or project leads to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Work from Creative Briefs and under the direction of senior creatives, working to translate concepts into effective copy concepts or text
- Manage and maintain a copy deck from start to finish (including client revisions,
legal feedback, technical updates, SEO optimization, etc.)
- Research medical conditions, find primary reference support, annotate and reference full websites for med/legal review, and work with med/legal to ensure the accuracy of all claims
- Take responsibility for certain editorial editorial tasks, such as familiarity with the AMA, proofreading, and correction checks
- Attend L/M/R reviews, which includes having an in-depth understanding of the project and an ability to answer questions that may come from the review team
A degree or diploma in English, journalism, communications or a related field; 2 + years in an advertising agency (interactive) preferred; Healthcare/Pharma experience is a must.
- Healthcare/Pharma experience is a must
- A keen enthusiasm for and basic understanding of Web trends and technologies
- A solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Exceptional writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to actively contribute to strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
- Ability to work with tight timelines on multiple projects simultaneously and effectively juggle different writing demands
- Understanding of graphic design and a keen appreciation of the interplay between textual and visual elements
- Basic presentation skills for both internal- and client-facing meetings
- These skills include the abilities to explain a concept completely and succinctly, to make eye contact, speak loud enough, and answer questions adequately
|Job Category||Social Media|