My client in Columbus Ohio is a design research and user experience firm. Rooted in design, cognitive psychology, and human factors give them unique insights into the user experiences and desires that fuel innovation. Autonomy, mastery and purpose are their professional tenants and deep investments are made in their work culture.
They are currently seeking User Research professionals to join their growing design research group.
You’ll conduct user research all over the world and shape design for leading companies.
Competitive base, bonuses, medical and 401K as well as Yoga Mondays, social committees and socially conscious work are just the beginning. Relo assistance is provided and recent grads are welcome to apply.
Desired skills and experience
- MS in Cognitive, Behavioral, Experimental, Applied, or Human Factors Psychology; Human Factors Engineering; Human Computer Interaction, or Usability Engineering
- Knowledge of user research methods and qualitative data analysis techniques
- Demonstrated proficiency conducting end-user research, heuristic evaluations, usability testing, concept testing, and task analysis
- Ability to make actionable recommendations based in human-factors expertise
- Basic experimental design skills
- Basic statistical analysis skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage the demands of multiple projects
- Interest in working in a collaborative, dynamic environment
- Courage and empathy
As part of a dedicated human-centered design team, you’ll be
- evaluating design concepts and prototypes
- identifying user needs
- collecting data
- analyzing and synthesizing findings
- providing recommendations to improve physical and digital products
- Discovering what makes people tick